Panyaden International School launches the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme in 2021
International Baccalaureate, or IB, is a rigorous, two-year programme that results in personal and academic development and, upon successful completion, a globally recognized diploma. Consistent with Panyaden’s core values and strengths, the IB diploma programme aims to develop the thinking and skills of students to become tomorrow’s leaders and change-makers.
Special offer for the first batch of IBDP students:
- 30% of the tuition fees waived* for the academic year 2021-22 onwards
- Students from Panyaden or other schools currently in year 9 or year 10 are invited to apply
- Apply and enrol by 30 June 2020 to get this special offer!
*The 30% tuition fee waiver is supported by Erber Family Foundation (Thailand), applicants must meet Panyaden admission requirements.
For more information, please contact (+66) 65-732- 5709 (English) (+66) 91-859-5946 (Thai), email email@example.com
What is the IB Diploma Programme?
“The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.”
- IB mission statement
The IB Diploma Programme (IBDP) was established in 1968 and has earned a reputation as a broad, balanced, and rigorous curriculum for pre-university education. It is recognised and respected by the world’s leading universities. IBDP (International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme) is a challenging two-year pre-university curriculum, primarily aimed at students aged 16-19 (Year 12-13). It has been designed to address the intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being of students.
The programme provides an internationally accepted qualification for entry into higher education and is recognized by world’s leading universities worldwide. It is a highly diverse programme designed to meet the requirements of different students.
The IBDP curriculum is suited to students who wish to maintain a broad base of subject specialisms. Students study 6 academic disciplines, three at Higher level (HL) and three at Standard level (SL). These must include two languages, mathematics, a science and an individuals and societies subject. The sixth subject can be an arts subject or a second subject from IB groups 2, 3 or 4.
In addition to the six subjects, students also complete three core parts of the IB Diploma which are central to the philosophy of the programme. These are:
The IB recognition resource and document library has testimonials from universities working with DP students, and IBs research pages look in detail at the performance of DP students, including comparisons with other students.
IB Diploma Programme at Panyaden
Panyaden’s mission is to develop highly educated, resilient, thoughtful and caring individuals through a holistic approach to education. In addition to academic excellence, we believe in enriching the physical, social, emotional and intellectual well-being of our students. In 2011, we committed to providing a “Genuine Values-based Education for a Sustainable Planet” with the aim to develop a caring and compassionate community for building a greener sustainable planet.
We believe that, to create world citizens with sustainable success, education must also focus on inner values, on the workings of the mind and emotions. Panayaden’s core values and strengths are consistent with the IB mission of developing “active, compassionate and lifelong learners” - which is why we made the decision to offer the IB Diploma Programme from the 2021 academic year.
"We have forged a partnership with IB in order to provide students with a high standard holistic education that will develop their disciplinary, as well as interdisciplinary qualities. The IB programme is designed to create inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring young people who will help create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. In the long run, these qualities are essential to become successful in life and many top institutions around the world value them." Pran Indhapan, School Director of Panyaden International School
Panyaden is well equipped to provide this challenging education to best prepare our students to become tomorrow’s leaders and change-makers. Panyaden has a great learning environment consisting of students from 42 nationalises, a green campus with spacious outdoor space, and highly qualified IB teachers.
Upon successful completion of the IB Diploma Programme at Panyaden, the students would graduate with two diplomas – the International High School Diploma and the IB Diploma after the external examination results are received in July each year.
Please fill out the details below and our team will get in touch with you.
DID YOU KNOW?
- The IB Diploma Programme is recognised by over 3,300 institutions of higher education in nearly 90 countries, including the highest ranking universities in the world. Research suggests, compared to other programmes, IB students have a higher enrollment outcome in top universities and perform better academically.
- IB students also tend to have significantly better skills in independent inquiry, open-mindedness, self-management and a global outlook.
- Between the years of 2002–2012, 71.6% of the DP graduates attended one of the world’s top 500 universities.
- Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS) helps students to become better at “taking on new challenges”, “learning to persevere” and “developing better interpersonal skills”.
- DP alumni have higher capacities for a variety of critical thinking skills compared to their non-IB peers. DP graduates are particularly confident in their capacity for cultural sensitivity, global-mindedness, critical thinking, leadership, and time management.