A few take-aways from Monday’s Parent Workshop:
“Encouraging Reading at Home” (Nursery and Kindergarten) conducted by Kru Michel, Kru Nikki and Kru Ar –
- Set a time and share books with your children every day.
- The same story, again and again.
- Invite your child to talk about the book, to tell his/her own story.
- Don’t force reading: most learning takes places when she/he listens to you.
- Listen with a smile, there is no need to correct.
- Read in your first language, someone else is looking after the other languages.
- Read all kinds of books and be seen reading!